Fish oil is the best source of omega-3 fatty acids like DHA and EPA. But people are also trying to find alternative means for providing these fatty acids. Many other plant extracts are hoping to replace fish oil but none of them are as good as fish oil. They either lack EPA and DHA or do not have sufficient quantities of it. But fish oil has abundant quantities of these fatty acids which are naturally produced. But looking at the number of options available for fish oil, we have to determine the best fish oil to be consumed. The best fish oil will fulfill certain criteria to be awarded the top position.
• The species of fish used must be clearly mentioned on the bottle. Tuna, salmon and sardines are the popular choices.
• The best fish oil must also mention that it contains omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA. There is no use in consuming just “fish oil”.
• The amount of fatty acids in the best fish oil should be also written on the bottle. It is important to take the correct dose.
• Find out from which part of the fish the oil is extracted. The fish oil should normally be extracted from the flesh and not head or tail.
• You should ensure that you are buying from a legitimate source which can be trusted to give you quality products. The fish used should not be diseased.
• The best fish oil must be free from toxins, pesticides and heavy metals.
• Make sure that the fish oil is not molecularly distilled. This process takes away the natural oils.
If you are observant enough and buy the best fish oil, then you are sure to have a healthy body.