Flax seed is a plant with blue flowers and oil rich seeds grown on Western Canadian Prairies. The natural oil is one of the recommended dietary supplements as whole body nutrition for general well-being. It is also one of the natural sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
Health experts are of the view that, next to multi-vitamins, flax seed oil could be an essential health-promoting supplement. Apart from helping the different systems of the body- cardiovascular system, circulatory system, immune system, nervous system and reproductive system, flax seeds can benefit the joints. Flax Seed is rich in Lignan. According to a survey, the populations that take high amount of Lignan in their diet show low incidents of colon cancer and breast cancer. Flax Seeds have the quality to work against inflammation, blood pressure, water retention, low immune function and sticky platelets. It also helps energy production of body and increase stamina.
There are other benefits of Flax Seed oils-
• Improves eyesight and color perception
• Reduces the recovery time of fatigued muscles
• Speed up the healing of sprain
• Strengthens the nails
• Helps in weight loss
• Helps to improve the function of liver
• Relieves some causes of asthma
• Protects the body against many forms of cancer
• Increases the metabolic rate and help in burning fats
• Helps in curing Psoriasis, eczema, and dandruff
• Relieves the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and Diebetes Mellitus
• Improvises some allergies
• Helps in improvising high blood pressure in patients suffering from hypertension
• Shows effective results in some cases of depression
It is important that individuals should take proper care when it comes to the dosage of the Flax Seed oil.